Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Perils of Hoarding

See that massive stain on the pocket of my favorite piece of oi-wear? That's from a pat of butter I was hoarding. Butter is unavailable in the South, only thing that is available is a margarine spread. It's just no substitute for real butter. Here in Khartoum butter abounds.

I wasn't planning on taking the pat back to Juba with me--let's be reasonable here, I'm not that out of touch yet--I was just going to savor it in the privacy of my own room. In the privacy of my own room where I can eat butter without the interference of bread or other like items. Just gobbling straight butter.

I do hope I can get the grease stain out of this shirt. It took one for the team.

2 comments:

  1. Dawn liquid dish soap is is about the only thing that will really work according to my friend Jane W. who read this before I did. Temporarily, you could try some shampoo in the hotel bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Resorting to eat pats of butter on their lonesome?

    ReplyDelete