Monday, May 4, 2009

Hiatus

Hello, hello. As you might have noticed, or didn't because the blog was on hiatus, the blog has been on hiatus.

March was a long month here in the South of Sudan and I ran out of enthusiasm for recording life here. I just didn't have much to say that struck me as potentially being of interest to anyone. Too many weeks in a place like this in a row just grinds you down. I fortunately got out of the country for what amounted to a solid month between attending a training in Kenya on the specifics receiving funding for DG ECHO and some leave time.

Now I'm back, with my head screwed on slightly straighter but still sweating buckets.

More soon.

2 comments:

  1. It's about time you came back! We miss your observations about daily life in such a primitive place.

    What is new there since you've been gone? How are the fawns, or have they been made into stew?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were actually literally made into stew while I was away, poor little fawns!

    ReplyDelete