Sunday, May 24, 2009

Air Con!

Not to be confused with Con Air, the fine Nick Cage and John Cusack film. I have been trying to save my piastas up so I could buy an air conditioner and I finally did a few weeks ago. It has been in transit for an age and a day, but finally arrived Friday night. We have a bunch of handy people around here and preferring to be busy while they get their drunk on, they took to installing it for me today. 5 plus hours and countless beers later and plenty of questioning of their skills by your truly later, it is pumping out the coolness. Now I just have to hope that they installed it properly. It's a fairly rough install, it's a split unit so the motor sits outside and the the fan inside with some copper piping that has to run in or out--depends on your perspective--to the motorbox outside. A clean install would mean that neither the pipes nor the electrical would be meandering along walls as much as they are now. Nor would a green garden hose be poking out of the wall as drainage. Maybe I can get them to go back and imrpove on a few things. The windows still have to be sealed up any way you cut it, so it's not outside of the realm of possibility that I can get them to drill a small hole in the wall to thread the power cable through instead of running it along an exterior wall for a half dozen feet before coming in through the window. At least it's cool in there now. Now if could just figure out why my eyes are itching everytime I go in there.

2 comments:

  1. How nice for you to finally have AC!

    Probably, your eyes are itching because it is blowing the dust in there around, as well as cooling the air. Dust everything with damp cloths and clean the filter away from the room very frequently!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Con Air was on last night. Such a good bad flick. Nicolas Cage's hair and bad southern accent just make the film!

    ReplyDelete