Saturday, December 13, 2008

Real, or Real Fake?

Me thinks the answer is real fake, but who's gonna know without a close exam of them? They're a wee bit too small, but I am willing to sacrifice comfort for style. Make a whole bunch of Japanese kids jealous. Bought them in the Konyo Konyo market here in Juba for the princely sum of $25 just a few hours before the market was the scene of a skirmish between clans who found missing cattle in the possession of the other.

Air Jordan IVs is what you are looking at. Takes me back to the 7th grade. Kris Kramer had a pair, two pairs in fact. This particular color scheme and the white ones they made too. It also reminds me of the one time that I can recall pitching a fit in public regarding a product. Walpole Sports Shop, late September or October afternoon. I can actually recall the way the light was in the shop. The sun was setting. Adam Wozniak had the very first Air Jordan's and I wanted them too. That must've been the third grade?

I wasn't very well behaved that afternoon.

Just sitting here in Juba sweating and counting the hours until next Saturday when I will be spending 10 hours in Nairobi before an epic series of flights back to LA. Wish I hadn't lost my Lufthansa Miles and More card for the second time in a year and a half. Those are some serious air miles I will be racking up.

There are now 3 'internationals' here as we added one last weekend. He has helped to really organize the workshop area in short order and is taking and inventory and arranging all the spares so they can be properly accounted for. We're going big in 2009 and a serious inventory control system is much needed.

I am officially bored now. I have had lunch. There isn't a comfortable chair in this place. I may as well go lie down.

Oh, maybe not. My people have decided they want to do some work I've been asking them to do now. Goody.

1 comment:

  1. What a blast from the past! Don't remember plastic bits like that. The color scheme is seriously ghetto.

    You did pitch the occasional good fit. Forgotten about that one. Still see the ever sour Miss Smeltzer from time to time. She coaches with K.Swain.

    Can't you e-mail Lufthansa for you account info?

    ReplyDelete